
In the never-ending quest to conquer the kitchen, I bought my first bread machine. Only 40 more minutes until experiment #1 is ready! In searching online for bread machines, I came across hundreds of books about bread machines.
What? OK, I thought I bought the machine so that I wouldn't have to know anything besides what to put in and which buttons to push. I am a little intimidated that there is so much extra information that hundreds of people have felt the need to WRITE BOOKS about it.
Luckily the machine comes with its own little book, and if I can produce something edible then I will be satisfied. However, if you have any advice or funny stories about adventures with bread machines, let me know. I know, Supermom, you can probably make a loaf of bread with a popsicle stick and a lighter, but maybe you know some unfortunate soul who has had to use a designated machine for baking bread. Ha, anyways, OK. Here is the song I made up for Elijah on the way to Wal-Mart:
Hi-ho, Hi-ho,
It's off to Wal-mart we go -
To buy a bread m'chine
In the sun,
And hopefully have some bready fun.
Hi-ho, Hi-ho!

2 comments:
It wasn't a popsicle stick. It was a ball point pen that ran out of ink. But I don't want to brag.
You'll be happy to know that I am the proud owner of a bread machine as well. I felt sorry for the poor unfortunate pens that were sacrificed to my baking conquests.
Good for you! I got a free one once and I was so excited. Then I made my first batch of half-doughy half-baked goop. Found out it was missing a part and I never called to get the part. How's that for procratination?
Post a Comment