Monday, February 27, 2006

here we go!!!


Young Girl Reaches Zenith in Life-Living Career

OK - how can I contain my excitement? I won't : AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! What could be more significant to me than seeing Fiona Apple in concert? Probably seeing Jesus in concert. But since that won't happen any time in the predictable future I will continue freaking the crap out over going to OKC tonite to see the woman who has sung me through some of the most challenging times in my life. I am going to cry. I am going to freak out. OUT, all the way OUT.

So, because of the unpredictability of life, I hope you will pray for our trip as we drive to OKC this afternoon. Pray there are no traffic problems, no ticket problems, and that Fiona makes it safely and happily. Some other Coldplay band is playing, but no one cares about them. Fiona Apple. If you haven't heard her music, take the time to listen to a track or two - undoubtedly you will find a song that will make you go "oh my gawsh, that's so me."

I love you guys, see you soon.

Yes, we will only be gone about 20 hours - but still.

4 comments:

LiteratureLover said...

Wow! What passion. I'm so happy you get to see her and I pray that all goes great! You'll have to fill us in on your freaking completely out. ;)

janiners said...

girl, you are too cute! i'm just smiling so big at your passion and deep appreciation for her music and artistry. and, i'm still having a hard time picturing you "freaking out" (you're so darn laid back), but i completely relate to that feeling of utter anticipation and excitement. i hope it was a sweet and fun time for you and Daniel. :-) love you, girl. thanks for letting us "freak out" with you. :-)

heather said...

we're back, it was awesome. i'm sooo sleepy, but managing to sit in stat class anyways. see yaw'll soon.

Kyle said...

What did she do? Any funky dancing?