It has been at least 7 years since I've had an online conversation, a "list" of friends to check the online status of, or any interest in little avatars to reflect my personal style to my established community of online friends (people I have never met). All of my college classes now are obsessed with the internet. Quizzes, handouts, announcements...everything is online. Now tell me again why I come to class? Its nice for the most part - I just really hate taking algebra quizzes online. My instructor and I are in a little of a tift now because of this new computer generated quiz experiment that I've been involuntarily a part of. My English teacher is available to chat on msn messenger. Its nice...helps to develop a closer relationship which leads me to believe in a chance of slack grading. I thanked her for helping me rejoin popular culture. I remember when I would sit in front of my computer for hours on end, chatting with whoever and waiting for my "crushes" to get online. I really made some close friends. In retrospect I don't know how I ever got to that place - popular online? Weird. I don't expect anyone to come across this blog (that's what they call it right?) but its here... And now I know what a blog is. I also know what a doodlebop, a higgleyball, and a diaper rash are all about. Thanks son. I remember how the computer was my social life when I was about 13. I still have no social life except for my friends at church - but I've been left behind in the blog phenomenon now that I've joined the mom's club.
Sunday, October 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment